'72 swim team

'72 swim team
My New Tribe

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

LOVE and How NOT to do Just About Everything!


                       If I wanted a clever title to a book for my Dahlin stories... I think I might call it,

                 "How NOT to do everything" by Markie D.


For example:

"Markie D and How NOT to Light a Furnace"






or

"Markie D and How NOT to Visit the Zoo"





or

"Markie D and How NOT to take a Family Vacation"  





or

"Markie D and How NOT to meet the President of the United States"










                                                                           or

"Markie D and How NOT to visit a Convent"










or

"Markie D and How NOT to slide down a Pole"

or

"Markie D and How NOT to play catch with the Little old Lady Next Door"



or

"Markie D and How NOT to do Trick or Treat"









or

"Markie D and How NOT to go to the National Jamboree"








or

"Markie D and How NOT to wrestle an Alligator"

or

"Markie D and How NOT to reason with a Veloci-Rooster"

or

"Markie D and How NOT to hold a Snake"

of

"Markie D and How not to be an Altar-boy."  

or

"Markie D and How NOT to put up Christmas lights"

or

"Markie D and How NOT to go Pee-pee in the 3rd Grade"





or




"How NOT to show up for school" or "How NOT to fall in love" or "How NOT to wrestle around a pool" or "How NOT to get into a hamper" "How NOT to use the Ouija Board"  "How Not to eat corn or peas or fish sticks"  "How not to great people at the door" I think you get the Idea!












Basically it's: How NOT to do just about everything... and in my last episode "How NOT to take a walk up Tuna Canyon Road... with your older brothers ...and a bunch of hippies... with a rope... in a straight jacket"  this last betrayal...made me feel alone on this journey of life - "No man is an island" - I was. "I am a rock. I am an island. A friendship causes pain. An island never cries."

I just want to know what love is. If any one can tell this 13-year-old kid... please let me know! I think I know what's it not!  And I decided that  - it's just probably a better idea to treat people kind - and attempt to be nice than it is to bully, than to put people down and treat those who are different poorly.

Looking back at what we did at Camp Slauson to Troop 34, I realize now, that it probably wasn't the best thing in the world... "How NOT to go camping with the Boy Scouts..."

And I realized from the bungee-jumping gone wrong episode - that I can probably do better, and maybe, like a good Boy Scout the leave the world a better place than I found it. 



I may be a psychotic hot mess, but I am a work in progress.    

No comments:

Post a Comment