'72 swim team

'72 swim team
My New Tribe

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Big Mistake Hutch! Come on Baby Light my Fire!

First, let me apologize for all the "throw-up" talk. It might be grossing some of you out, but you have to understand - that is where I lived. I practically threw-up every single day. A lot of it came by way of Wolf-Pack terrorism and some just because...

Just because... someone "cut the cheese" or spit a gross loogie - BAM there it was...heaving - gagging and vomit! (You think I liked that, NO! It will eventually add to my Arrested Development - Hey, that might make a good name for some demented TV show- ah...who knows). 

It wasn't like I planned it...I'd be the first to admit it wasn't pretty, but it just happened. So I apologize if you feel there has been too much description and detail, but I am trying to be accurate in my reporting to you THE HISTORY OF THE 60'S ACCORDING to Markie D.


I can't make this stuff up! This was true... plus or minus ten percent.


Anyway... Gherhing and Great and I had sprayed each other off with a hose and were back at my house ready to "rock and roll" with the rest of the crew.  Gherhing always wanted to be right in the middle of things - NOT ME!



Yeah us... that we didn't smell like pee or vomit! Could you just image how much fun the Wolf Pack would have had with that? We would have been unmercifully bullied by the older boys, stripped or used in some devious prank. 

Everyone was laughing when we walked in, as Gustav was recounting how he outran and outfoxed the Venice Police Department.




Remember no adults were home.
 Mom and Jerry "TT" had taken poor Chewy to the hospital. I could still hear his string of pain-filled "Ave...Maria" ringing in my head as they lifted him into the Dodge station wagon and drove off down the street! 

The jumper cables had been taken off the "fire-pole" to eliminate the evidence that his fall from the pole (at the second floor level) was precipitated by the surge of electricity, switched on by my conniving, ingenious, and scheming older brothers (not-so-affectionately know as the Wolf-Pack).

The little old lady next door had a brother named Hutch, who came to her house every Saturday night drinking from a bottle concealed in a brown paper bag. Hutch was as mean and cantankerous as she was and the boys figured, they had time left before it got completely dark to pull off one prank that would be a grand "twofer."  Never mind messing with her precious car, this time...they figured they could make this  one up-close and personal.

Dooh-Dooh Pants had scooped up a big, warm pile of dog-dooie and put it in a brown-paper lunch-bag.  I knew what was up and was smart enough to know that if I were within 20 feet - it would be a "three-fer." I had nothing left in my stomach to give to this newest enterprise and scrammed. I climbed out the second story window and scaled the valley of the steep roof and watched all the excitement from the top of the roof. I figured that from that distance, I was safe from the awful smell.






Just as Hutch was rounding the corner by the Lennon Sister's house (where they were gathered in their living-room practicing for Mass on Sunday), Ulrich and the band of angry little men placed the paper bag and it's contents on poor Edna's front porch and lit the paper sack on fire.





It was a pretty substantial blaze by the time Hutch reached his sister's front Porch. She came out screaming and hollering and threatening the call Police... and Hutch figured he'd be the hero and stomp out the fire!




Big Mistake Hutch...as he stomped on the flaming bag, poochie's pooh-pooh went spraying in a million different directions. He stomped that dookie all over the place and even got some on 'O Edna herself. She grabbed her garden hose and began spraying him off (I could identify). He was yelling and screaming... she was yelling and screaming as she sprayed off her porch and then just stood blaring out threats as though she were the siren on top of a police car and sprayed her hose into the air in the hope of dousing at least one member of the ornery Wolf Pack! 

                                                            She was fit to be tied!  

If my mom was home...we'd probably, all be under the "Pain of Mortal Sin!" 


FIRE!      

That was it... Gustav had a brilliant idea. 

In this case, however, he had no contingency plan - should things go terribly wrong! 

What could possibly go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong... the record player below began to skip... come on baby light my fire...fire...fire...fire...fire..fire...

I think it was an omen.


 Tune in next time to catch the incredible end to a very long day.





No comments:

Post a Comment