'72 swim team

'72 swim team
My New Tribe

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Flaxing Waxing Shining Gleaming HAIR!

Stick around - because below is a treat....
The hardest part for me at this point is not coming up with a story to tell about my incredibly bizarre  childhood and crazy family. Trust me it is not for lack of stories. No! The problem is deciding on what story to tell next.

So far you know that we were a little bit different...okay - so that was a lie! We were very different!

We were the only family on the planet to let all the monkeys out of the Zoo. While normal people went to the Holiday Inn where kids stayed for free - we, however, spewed out on the dirt on the shores of the sulfur smelling Salton Sea and covered ourselves in a salty-volcanic mud concoction where everyone stays for free...all 17 of us. And because of our practice of illegally smuggling bodies in a trailer, I was almost a causality of the "childhood abandonment campaign" if not for the high-speed, Highway Patrol chase that forced my family come back for me.

Trust me, between "The Hamper" "The Poop in the Fort" "The Electrocution in the Pool" "The Veloci-Rooster" "Miss Simpson and the Alligators" "Kurt and the Rapids of Death" Chewbacca and the Templates" "President Johnson and Snapping Turtles" all the broken bones and near death accidents, I have plenty of stories to keep you in stitches and to give you some things to think about.

The British Invasion was in full swing... as the Beatles arrived on our shores from across the pond... so for now I want to offer a fun tribute to hair as we went from creepy little kids with blonde hair to creepy hippies with lots and lots of blonde hair.



Stick around for the next installment, I think I'll have to share the unbelievable story of "The Hamper of DEATH" with you! It's bound to be one wild and unbelievable ride .

Until next time, jag alskar du




6 comments:

  1. I never realized they wrote that song with your family in mind!!! Can't wait till the next story.. Jonsey xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonsey.. I guarantee the next one is pretty unbelievable!

      Delete
  2. Mark...this is epic....I smiled through the entire slide show...hoping to see this projected on a giant screen in Oregon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Virgie... now that it is uploaded on youtube to get to my blog... we can pull it up and watch it just about anywhere.

      only thing that was a bummer - was the limited number of pictures I had to work with! could have been EPIC
      MD

      Delete
  3. This afternoon in a Denny's restaurant, we saw a group of men who had rather noticeable hair. Black beards--and I mean, BEARDS--long, bushy, neither trimmed nor cut in a long time. Probably washed, but not waxed. And long black ponytails. It was hard not to stare at that amazing hair!

    But there were only three of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Image it blonde, imagine about 5 more in that group, imagine one looking like Chewbacca... And you would be getting a pretty good picture of my family. :)

      Delete