'72 swim team

'72 swim team
My New Tribe

Monday, October 28, 2013

The WOLF-BOY Halloween - VIDEO

 SAINTS AND THE WOLF BOY

Some time ago I promised that I would post a video regarding the greatest horror story of all time.

This 1962 event was supposed to be Markie D's first hallowed "All Saint's Day" outing. Mrs. Dahlin meant well, but the innocuous and innocent plan quickly turned into a debacle of epic horror proportions. Worst than the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the police had to be called to restore order to the once peaceful and quite neighborhood that was rocked by sightings said to be the Spawn of Charles Manson. 







Please watch responsibly!


                             (this link is for Android users   http://youtu.be/XS1V9SGBd9o

I tell this story as though it conjured some emotional baggage that I have to carry around from my childhood. But in reality - when you think about emotional baggage...think about this: My older teenage brothers (IN HIGH SCHOOL) were dressed up like Saints on Halloween (Embarrassing)!  I had it good! I scared people with my costume and my poor older brothers were dress up like Saints well into the season in their male existence where they were trying to impress the ladies.  They are the ones that had it bad!  I think they are still struggling with the emotional scar tissue and if it wasn't for me - they'd still be 'Trick or Treating" in Saint costumes!    Every October 31st they should be sending me money instead of candy.

After this incident the saint costumes were retired and the boys got to be vampires and goblins and Frankenstein like other normal kids in the world.  Meanwhile the Famous Lennons were inspired to begin decorating their home for Halloween into a haunted mansion that grew quite notorious over the years.  

        Nothing on Earth is so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.  Steve Almond



No comments:

Post a Comment