'72 swim team

'72 swim team
My New Tribe

Thursday, October 31, 2013

A Powerful Video about Family, Life and Love!


Click on one of the links above and be utterly amazed and moved by the stages of life - dramatized by ATTRACTION! You only need to watch 2:20 seconds to feel the preciousness of life and deep connections of family unfold before your very eyes.


I can sit back and say... If only!  If only my crazy family was more functional... If only we weren't so lost or broken or angry or alone. If only my family was more like the one on display here or more like the Lennons, then everything in my world would be okay too. If only!  If only I wasn't left behind at Salton Sea. If only my brothers hadn't shoved in in that hamper or if only they hadn't thrown me over a cliff - If only?


What I have discovered about the world is that things do tend to be a bit "Helter-Skelter." Trains and taxis and planes don't always arrive on time - according to schedule. Life seems to be full of interruptions, inconveniences and people who seem to let us down. Things just don't always work out the way we want them to and rarely happen according to our schedule. Why we cannot control the behavior of others...the words of others...the actions of others? What can I do to control those who have hurt us so badly? How do I fix my parents, my childhood, my past? How can I put the train wreck of my circumstances or my family back on track?

As parents we ask, How do I get my  kids "righted" before they veer off the track into self destruction? What have I done wrong? What could I have done better?


Why don't my parents, my family, my children, my siblings - why don't things always turn out the way I dreamed or want them to?

Since we were wired, designed and built for intimate connections, we grieve and hurt deep within the psyche of our human chemistry when we are betrayed, hurt, and back-stabbed with an ache that longs for people to treat us properly and for everything to be right in the world.

The only thing we can do in those moments of angst and anger is to take a deep breath and look up! There is nothing in this world that will satisfy this longing in the inner workings of the three components that make up the fullness of who we are.  We recognizes injustice, hurt, pain, loss and rightly grieve over these things.

To care about racial injustice or social ills - tells us that we were built with a component that longs for justice.

                                                 Justice demands Truth
                                                        Truth matters!  That's why we hate it when people lie

To care and grieve over the loss of a loved-one, shows us that death upsets us, as though groping for "life" was intrinsically wired into our DNA.

Maybe this concept of "life' is not as meaningless or as fleeting as some may suggest.

To see the world in its present state of corruption, violence and chaos, tells us that we are able to see things as wrong that we desire to set right.

To feel betrayed, upsets our concept of being loved.

To feel hurt by others, shows that we were wired for deep connections.

As humans we long for deep connections, we desire justice and want to know truth... We desperately seek to be loved and need to feel accepted.  We are wired to dream and yet live in such a fragile state of having our dreams constantly coming off the rails.

DREAM
BELIEVE

Every time something goes wrong, every time we're crushed, at every set back, at every disappointment - in every hurt and in searing loss - know that it is an invitation to draw nearer and more intimate with the ultimate Truth and source of true justice. Take heart and know that in every failed dream, in every broken relationship there is THAT INVITATION from the One true relationship that will never fail... that always accepts us just the way we are... a relationship we can trust with One who will never abandon us... forsake us and will LOVE YOU just for who you are - with no strings attached.


This life will be filled with "If Only's" to show you were not meant for fleeting superficiality...but wired for eternity and for something so much more than this life has to offer! 

Things may look Helter Skelter, but True Love conquers...it frees and it heals!


for you Android people here is the link (below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--i9i7xlw1Y













No comments:

Post a Comment