'72 swim team

'72 swim team
My New Tribe

Monday, August 8, 2016

Bob Dylan's secret track and the Venice Artisans


you can click on this and return to blog post 


look closer
My Brothers and some of the creative Venice gang began doing custom remodel work at Bob Dylan's house. 
Bob was so impressed with the craftsmanship of their artistry that he took the whole group fishing. I can only imagine that while there on that fishing trip the older boys entertained the troops with famous and infamous Dahlin stories while hauling in halibut, bonita, sea bass, and yellow-tail off the Santa Monica coast. 

From there, I image how Bob Dylan might have wrote the song on the secret track (3) of his Self Portrait album - about leaving little Markie D behind at Salton Sea.  

In the epic 7 part series that began on the first day of fifth grade.




Karin with floaties 
Me flexing in background (on the weekend of the fateful trip) 

Bob Dylan probably heard the funny stories and might have even pee'd himself - not sure about that - but it could have happened that way and then proceeded to write this song. 
Here are some pictures to keep you occupied until my next post (coming soon). 




 Backyard 

our front yard... 

 three broken bones at one time 

  Nana to the left and "The Quaker" far rear of picture 









Fishing with Bob Dylan was true - the telling of Dahlin Stories - certain, and the song was possible at least in his head (probably recorded in an alternate universe).
 *

The question still remains: Why did mom send me to Europe? I didn't really want to go. I wanted to hang out and go to the beach with friends and maybe connect with Andrea, so I didn't really understand.  
 Mom sending me off. 1971 at LAX leaving for Europe look at my enthusiasm.  Joy! (sarcasm). 





* Photo Credit: Bob Dylan with Fish [The Dylan Group]   





6 comments:

  1. Great photos and I like the Markie d song ! Hmmm who was the outstanding singer ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and I like the Markie d song ! Hmmm who was the outstanding singer ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my (now) future Son-in-Law, Jack, who proposed to my baby girl about a week ago!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I think this is Dylan: https://s3.postimg.org/6r85jj4lv/image.jpg - there's a photo in his 1978 tour programme that looks like it might have been taken on the same trip: https://s3.postimg.org/q1czi6j6r/fishing.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dylan Group may i borrow that picture...

      Delete
    2. Who is the Guy with the Red arrow in your Pic?

      Delete